Better cash flow planning, Minimizing Risk Management, Taxation insights and knowledge, Efficient Estate Planning. Click here to learn more.
Maxwell Wealth Planning adheres to both of the Code of Ethics from the Financial Planning Association and the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards. Click here to learn more.
As an independent adviser I’m invested in you. The reason most people hire me initially is to use me as a sounding board or an objective second opinion, and that is a role that utilizes my training and experience perfectly.Neil Maxwell, CFP®, EA Founder and President
Who We Help
The misconception of financial planning is that it is only for the extremely wealthy, the reality is that life goals can come true by working with someone who understands what's possible and how to get you there.
Preparing for retirement? Whether just retired or planning for the possibility of this big transition, we can help you head off problems before they happen and give you piece of mind in retirement.
Already have a plan? We can offer a second objective opinion with options that not all other companies provide.
Are you saving and want to make sure you are taking advantage of all of the resources that are out there? Do you need someone to be on your side of the table who has the knowledge and expertise to help you avoid common pitfalls and mistakes?
Important areas to focus on now for a much happier future:
- Cash flow
- Estate planning
Ever invest in something that sounded good or made sense at the time, but now seems a little unclear? Wouldn’t it be nice to get an expert to fill in the gaps without the long term commitment that you may already have with someone else? Maxwell Wealth Planning, Inc. could be that resource for you.
Already independent and in control of your personal financial path? Not looking for someone to sell you, but could use expert consultation from someone who has access to all the latest changes affecting financial planning including Tax law? Neil Maxwell is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner and is also an Enrolled Agent (EA). Neil is an independent adviser and utilizes knowledge in an independent fashion with sole responsibility, and accountability on a daily basis.
Enrolled agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), have unlimited practice rights. This means they are unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can represent clients before. Learn more about enrolled agents in Treasury Department Circular 230 (PDF).
IRS Website: http://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/Enrolled-Agents/Enrolled-Agent-Information
This road to success starts with your needs, desires and preferences. It is my goal to work with you, on the same side of the table to help you reach your most important goals in life.Neil Maxwell, CFP®, EA Founder and President
Partnership is key to your success, Maxwell Wealth Planning, Inc. will meet you where you are without judgment. However, success will only be achieved with your ownership and participation towards your future.
Take Action with the Initial Review, Analysis and Plan
This engagement will give you a road-map which will outline:
Where you are today
- At least 15 – 20 actions that you can implement immediately to get you to your goals.
- A verbal and written summary that summarizes in detail where you are today AND What you need to do so that you can either do it yourself or hire Maxwell Wealth Planning, Inc (if we are a good fit for each other) or you can hire another adviser to help you implement our recommendations.
- This is not a complete plan (no net-worth statement and fancy graphs) just the information that you need so that you can take ACTIONS that will improve your situation immediately.
What is your commitment?
- We will spend no less than two hours together in our discovery meeting so that we can understand your needs, requirements, and preferences. This should be done in person but some exceptions can be made on a case by case basis (Go To Meeting, Web Ex, Skype, etc..)
- There will be no ongoing commitment for you or us to work together in the future – This give you a chance to see us in action, and us a chance to evaluate your situation.
- The fee range, for this service is $820 – $1495 and is based on the complexity of your situation.
Why should you hire us to do this for you?
- You want a second opinion AND
- You want an objective and independent opinion of what YOU should do NOW
- Too often financial planners use a long drawn out process to sell you investment products – We will not sell you any investment products in this engagement.
- You want an expert on the details – which is why your time commitment is far more than you will spend with almost any other adviser before receiving recommendations.
- You want answers NOW – our commitment is that you will have your written plan no more than 5 business days after we have our discovery meeting.
Investment Policy Statement
– Together, we design a written investment policy statement (IPS).
- This engagement will give you specific actions that you can take yourself or hire someone else to do for you that will ALIGN YOUR INVESTMENTS with your needs, preferences, and requirements.
- Many who believe they are delegating their investment management are actually abdicating too much responsibility (think scandals like “the wolf”, and Madoff).
- The IPS acts like a job description for your money manager, whether it is Maxwell Wealth Planning Inc, you, your spouse or broker.
- The process includes enough education for you to learn what you must know to make the decisions which should be made by you and no one else.
What is your commitment?
- The total time investment for you will vary based on your existing level of knowledge. This work is billed for at our current hourly rates. Plan on a minimum of three meetings to complete this.
Why should you hire us to do this for you?
- YOU have to live with the investment decisions that either you make OR someone else makes on your behalf.
- YOU want the piece of mind of understanding exactly why you own the investments that you do.
- YOU want to be educated and you want someone to meet you where you are, regardless of your current level of financial knowledge (beginner or expert).
- The end product is designed appropriately for YOUR individual circumstances, needs, goals, risk, investment experience and time horizon. Driven by your life’s direction, it includes an asset allocation model, investment and tax strategies, performance review criteria and economic assumptions.
Quarterly Financial Advisory Fee Program
- YOU have a written Investment Policy Statement (IPS) that calls for you to hire an investment manager.
- YOU want a one stop shop to help you coordinate your investments, your taxes, your insurance/risk management, your estate planning, and your cash flow in the most efficient way possible.
- This may include: an analysis of your current investment condition, goals and objectives, and coordination with your IPS; ongoing management of your investments; retirement projections, cash management, insurance and tax planning, tax preparation, unlimited communication to talk about your financial decisions and life plans (rather than watching the clock, we are in a relationship with you and your money).
- The retainer fee for this service is based initially on a percentage of total investment assets and the complexity of your situation, and is renegotiated every one to five years along with a major five year financial planning review. This is our highest service offering and our quarterly fees for new clients enrolled in this program range from $2,000 per quarter to $10,000 per quarter.
- We can off-set commissions at our sole discretion – for example if you decided to buy Long Term Care Insurance, then we can agree to off-set your annual fee’s by commissions that are received for being the agent on the policy.
- It is not a requirement that you move your assets to our “custodian” (TD-Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, Shareholders Service Group, etc..)
- We are not affiliated with a Broker/Dealer.
Fee Analysis Package: How much are you currently paying in fees?
This is a service that we do for prospective clients that just want to know how much they are paying in fees at other financial companies and also what they are paying for. The fee for this service is $200 and requires you to gather statements/ insurance contracts before our meeting. This package also gets you up to 30 minutes of consultation after our initial meeting for any follow up items. Any additional time spent in meetings or discussions would be billed at our current hourly rate.
Like what you see? Schedule a strategy session today.
For Choosing a Financial Planner
1. Why do you need a financial planner?
A great misconception is that financial planning is only necessary for the ultra wealthy. Listen to this audio to learn why that is not usually the case.
2. What is the difference – There are a lot of advisor to choose from.
Certified Financial Planners™ have gone through the training but and have met an experience requirement, but what else do you need to know? Listen to this short audio to learn more.
3. When should you engage a financial planner?
Unsure if you need a planner, listen to this audio to help you make your decision.
4. Sudden Money
This audio explains what you should be thinking about if you have inherited or otherwise come into money that you did not have control over before.
5. Pension Decision
Learn about what you should be thinking about if you have a pension decision to make in the future.
Neil Maxwell CFP®, EA founder and CEO of Maxwell Wealth Planning, Inc. is a married father of 2 currently residing in Colorado with native roots in Scotland. He has had successful careers at some of our nation’s top broker dealers before starting his own firm. In his prior 9 years as a financial adviser he managed over 350 households and $38 million at Edward Jones, and before that he was in charge of $25 million at Wells Fargo Investments. He was one of 3 CFP® in the nation with the responsibility to educate corporate clients located throughout the country for Pricewaterhouse Coopers. He found that while these companies have good intentions, some may not be held to the fiduciary standard or they may not be positioned to help individual people through the whole process from start to finish with a vested interest in client’s success.
Thus, the beginnings of Maxwell Wealth Planning, Inc. Neil partnered as a succession plan with a respected friend and colleague of similar values. The name of that firm is Button Financial who has been offering successful financial partnership planning for over 30 years. Neil Maxwell, CFP®, EA is now settling in on achieving his business goal of founding a company that puts its clients interests ahead of its own.